Thursday, 3 November 2016

Moments of October - frantic + fun



As much as I love the bright yellow leaves of Autumn, I really dislike the shorter, darker days. This week I've found I leave work, step out of the building into the dark and my mood drops. I feel exhausted and overwhelmed. It feels like there is no time left to do anything, the day is done. I think I need a rest and to organise myself. October has been incredibly busy and very fun and all over the place intense.


Walking etc.

Daily walks, approx 19 days out of 31. Starting to think a daily walk goal was a bit ambitious...but at least it has got me walking. I barely thought about walking this month but it has become a bit of a habit.

It has been a second month away from the gym though. I really miss it but am struggling to get myself back.  My shoulder still feels off (and now my foot hurts too) but I think it's fine to get going. I've just felt so swamped with work and life that I've not wanted another thing to do. Must get back into it this month!

Reading

I read so much in October that the books deserve a separate post, which I will link to later.

On the internet though:

Is our world a simulation?

36 questions to bring you closer together

How to create a great bowl based recipe



and Life throughout October

I went camping for a long weekend in Northumberland with some lovely friends. We ate chips and walked along the beach as the sun set in glowing pastels, then gazed at the stars. I learned how to spot the Summer Triangle. We saw 17 collie dogs having a dog party on the beach. 


A hectic and colourful weekend in Berlin.


And there were coffee meet ups and birthday drinks and a hen party. (The hen party was in my home town and we went to the club I went to as a teenager. YES.) There was time spent with friends and their tiny new babies.  There was time spent with Granny. Time spent with Stu's family. And time with my family - my little niece can now say 'no' and 'yay'!

Stu and I celebrated 6 years of marriage (TIME GOES SO FAST - in February we'll have been together for 12 years!) We celebrated super relaxed, with a walk through Tottenham Marshes to Tottenham Green Market for lunch, followed by the pub and another walk home. I adore him.


Overall, fantastic. But not much time to myself, which is probably why I feel so drained. As much as I love my friends and family, I need to stay home and recharge. This weekend I will see no one. (Except Stu).


Do you need to spend time away from other people sometimes?





No comments:

Post a Comment