Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Desires for Autumn - "Unrush your world"


The unusually wonderful summer has been clinging on in London, with bursts of sunshine and lingering warmth. Autumn is definitely creeping in though. Leaves are dropping and the air is cooling. Everyone is talking about pumpkins and I'm starting to think about coats.

I'm a bit knackered. I've been very active and sociable this summer, for someone who once dreamed of living alone in the mountains like Heidi's grandfather.

My October already looks really busy (in a good way) with camping in Northumberland, a weekend in Berlin, and a dash up North to see Granny and some friends. And Stu wants a dinner party with some friends and I will want to see my cousin a bit more before she returns to Poland and see my BFF Gemmie (yes, matching names) for some K drama nights.

Most of that is booked and paid and there's no backing out, not that I even want to.

However, I'm longing to stop and rest.



I made a list of Things I want to do this Autumn. Most of it involves staying in and cooking food and eating it.

* create my own chilli sauce (this may take longer than Autumn but I want to begin)

*make fresh tortelloni (I'm craving home made pasta)

*make pumpkin pie (because it seems so autumnal)


*celebrate bonfire night (because fireworks and potatoes are the best)

*get back into my fitness routine (I've barely been to the gym this month)

*watch season 2 of Narcos

*watch Jem and the Holograms (super excited that this is now on Netflix)

*finish watching Boys over Flowers and start watching Uncontrollably Fond


It's the TV watching that I don't think I'll manage to squeeze in, but we'll see. As the kebab shop sign in the photo below says - "unrush your world". I have a lot to do but in between, I hope to spend time cooking and watching Netflix and maybe I won't feel so rushed, despite the busy.


What are you excited for this Autumn?


No comments:

Post a Comment